Components and Containers
Components are hosted by containers. A container is a specialized collection class that allows you to track your components, and manages the interaction of your components with other components and the external application environment. The following topics provide information on component-container interaction and describe how to use them in your applications.
In This Section
- Containers, Sites, and Components
- Provides information on components, sites, containers, and how they interact.
- Creating Component Containers
- Describes how to create a container for components.
- Extending Component Containers
- Details how to extend component containers to implement custom functionality.
- Communication Between Containers and Components
- Describes how a component interacts with its container.
- Component Authoring
- Provides links to topics on all aspects of component authoring.
- Decision Chart
- Provides an interactive guide to help you choose which approach or technology to use, as well as links to more information.
- Visual Basic Code Example Topics
- Lists quickstart-like code examples that help you perform common tasks in Visual Basic .NET.