/IMPLIB (Name Import Library)
- A user-specified name for the import library. It replaces the default name.
The /IMPLIB option overrides the default name for the import library that LINK creates when it builds a program that contains exports. The default name is formed from the base name of the main output file and the extension .lib. A program contains exports if one or more of the following are specified:
- The __declspec(dllexport) keyword in the source code
- EXPORTS statement in a .def file
- An /EXPORT specification in a LINK command
LINK ignores /IMPLIB when an import library is not being created. If no exports are specified, LINK does not create an import library. If an export file is used in the build, LINK assumes that an import library already exists and does not create one. For information on import libraries and export files, see LIB Reference.
To set this linker option in the Visual Studio development environment
- Open the project's Property Pages dialog box. For details, see Setting Visual C++ Project Properties.
- Click the Linker folder.
- Click the Advanced property page.
- Modify the Import Library property.
To set this linker option programmatically