ToolStrip Control (Windows Forms)
ToolStrip controls are toolbars that can host menus, controls, and user controls in your Windows Forms applications.
In This Section
- ToolStrip Control Overview (Windows Forms)
Explains what this control is and its key features and properties.
- How to: Manage ToolStrip Overflow in Windows Forms
Demonstrates how to enable overflow functionality and control overflow behavior.
- How to: Enable Reordering of ToolStrip Items at Run Time in Windows Forms
Demonstrates how to enable run-time rearrangement of ToolStripItem controls.
- How to: Enable AutoComplete in ToolStrip Controls in Windows Forms
Demonstrates automatic completion functionality in a ToolStripComboBox.
- How to: Change the Spacing and Alignment of ToolStrip Items in Windows Forms
- How to: Change the Appearance of ToolStrip Text and Images in Windows Forms
Describes how to define and modify the arrangement of text and images on ToolStripItem controls.
- How to: Wrap a Windows Forms Control with ToolStripControlHost
- How to: Create and Set a Custom Renderer for the ToolStrip Control in Windows Forms
Describes how to achieve standard and customized painting in ToolStrip controls.
- How to: Custom Draw a ToolStrip Control
Describes various aspects of custom (owner) drawing in ToolStrip controls.
- How to: Create Toggle Buttons in ToolStrip Controls
Describes the creation of a toggling ToolStripButton.
- How to: Use ToolTips in ToolStrip Controls
Describes defining tool tips for ToolStrip items.
- How to: Move a ToolStrip Out of a ToolStripContainer onto a Form
Describes how to have a ToolStrip with no container but a form.
- How to: Position a ToolStripItem on a ToolStrip
- How to: Enable the TAB Key to Move Out of a ToolStrip Control
Describes how to tab within a ToolStrip and tab out of it to the next control in the tab order.
- How to: Detect When the Mouse Pointer Is Over a ToolStripItem
Describes how to set up ToolStrip items so that they detect when the mouse is over them without having to synchronize various mouse events.
- How to: Create an MDI Form with ToolStripPanel Controls
Describes how to create a multiple document interface (MDI) form with ToolStripPanel controls.
- How to: Create an MDI Form with Menu Merging and ToolStrip Controls
Describes how to create an MDI form that supports ToolStrip controls and menu merging.
- How to: Create a Professionally Styled ToolStrip Control
Describes how to use the ToolStripProfessionalRenderer class to create a composite control that mimics the Navigation Pane provided by Microsoft® Outlook®.
- How to: Implement a Custom ToolStripRenderer
- Controls to Use on Windows Forms
Provides a complete list of Windows Forms controls, with links to information on their use.