The document is archived and information here might be outdated
Administering Event Logs
You can perform administrative tasks on event logs on your local and remote computers, such as creating custom logs, deleting event logs, and clearing log entries.
Note You must have appropriate access rights on the remote machines to create and delete logs. For more information, see Security Ramifications of Event Logs.
In This Section
- Deleting Event Logs
- Gives directions for deleting an existing log and all of its entries.
- Determining If Specific Event Logs Exist
- Gives directions for querying to see if a specific log exists.
- Creating and Removing Custom Event Logs
- Gives directions for creating custom event logs on the local computer.
- Clearing Event Logs
- Gives directions for deleting entries from an event log.
- Introduction to the EventLog Component
- Provides an overview of the EventLog component and how you can use it to interact with existing logs.