|Important||This document may not represent best practices for current development, links to downloads and other resources may no longer be valid. Current recommended version can be found here. ArchiveDisclaimer|
Visual Studio .NET 2003
This section describes the formal grammar of the C++ language, as implemented in the Microsoft C++ compiler. It is loosely organized as follows:
- The Keywords section describes keywords, covered in Lexical Conventions.
- The Expressions section describes the syntax of expressions, described in Expressions.
- The Declarations section describes the syntax of declarations, described in Declarations.
- The Declarators section describes the syntax of declarators, covered in Declarators.
- The Classes section covers the syntax used in declaring classes, as covered in Classes, Structures, and Unions.
- The Statements section covers the syntax used in writing statements, as covered in Statements.
- The Microsoft Extensions section covers the syntax of features unique to Microsoft C++. Many of these features are covered in Microsoft-Specific Modifiers.