- The name of the .dll or .exe file for which you want to find the matching .pdb file.
- VERBOSE (optional)
- Reports all directories where an attempt was made to locate the .pdb file.
/PDBPATH will search your computer along the same paths that the debugger would search for a .pdb file and will report which, if any, .pdb files correspond to the file specified in filename.
When using the Visual Studio debugger, you may experience a problem due to the fact that the debugger is using a .pdb file for a different version of the file you are debugging.
/PDBPATH will search for .pdb files along the following paths:
- Check the location where the executable resides.
- Check the location of the PDB written into the executable. This is usually the location at the time the image was linked.
- Check along the search path configured in the Visual Studio IDE.
- Check along the paths in the _NT_SYMBOL_PATH and _NT_ALT_SYMBOL_PATH environment variables.
- Check in the Windows directory.