|Important||This document may not represent best practices for current development, links to downloads and other resources may no longer be valid. Current recommended version can be found here. ArchiveDisclaimer|
The target for shortcut '<shortcut>' has the Exclude property set to True
The target file referenced in the error message has been excluded from the project and the shortcut cannot be built.
To correct this error
- Double-click the error in the Task List to go to the shortcut in the File System Editor.
- In the Properties window, select the Target property.
- In Solution Explorer, select the project that contains the file referenced in the Target property of the shortcut.
- Select the excluded file.
- In the Properties window, select the Exclude property and set it to false.