Globalization and Localization Namespaces in Visual Studio
The namespaces in the .NET Framework for globalizing and localizing applications and components include:
- System.Globalization - contains classes that define culture-related information, including the language, the country/region, the calendars in use, the format patterns for dates, currency and numbers, and the sort order for strings.
- System.Resources - provides classes and interfaces that allow developers to create, store, and manage various culture-specific resources used in an application.
- System.Text - contains classes representing ASCII, Unicode, UTF-7, and UTF-8 character encoding.
In the Visual Studio Documentation
- Introduction to International Applications in Visual Basic and Visual C#
- Describes how to create an international-ready application.
- Globalizing and Localizing Applications
- Explains how to design and develop applications to distribute to a global audience.
- Planning World-Ready Applications
- Describes how to plan applications that will be distributed to an international market.
- International Changes in Visual Basic .NET
- Summarizes for users of Visual Basic 6.0 how locale, resources, and Unicode are handled.
- Introduction to the .NET Framework Class Library in Visual Studio
- Provides an overview of the namespaces in the .NET Framework.
- Common Resource Concepts
- Provides additional information about the .NET Framework globalization and localization namespaces.