The document is archived and information here might be outdated
Remote Debugging Errors and Troubleshooting
Visual Studio .NET 2003
You may encounter the following errors when attempting to debug remotely.
- MDM Registration Disappears After Installing Windows NT Option Pack 4.0
- Cannot Open File "G:\<filename>" on Remote Machine
- Machine Debug Manager (mdm.exe) is not Installed or Failed to Start Properly
- The VC++ Debug Monitor is not Correctly Installed and Running on Machine "remotemachine"
- Unable to Attach to the Process. There is No Msvcmon on the Remote Machine Running Under the Current User Context
- Error: MSVCMON is Not Running on the Remote Machine
- Error: Attaching to a Process in a Different Terminal Server Session is not Supported on this System