XML Documents and Data
The XML classes in the in the System.Xml namespace provide a comprehensive and integrated set of classes, allowing you to work with XML documents and data. The XML classes support parsing and writing XML, editing XML data in memory, data validation, and XSLT transformation.
In This Section
- What's New in System.Xml
Introduces features that are new in this release of the .NET Framework.
- Migrating from Version 1.1 of the XML Classes
Discusses migration issues.
- Architectural Overview of XML in the .NET Framework
Provides an overview of the XML architectural in the .NET Framework.
- Security and Your System.Xml Applications
Discusses security issues when working with XML technologies.
- Process XML Data In-Memory
Discusses the two models for processing XML data. The XmlDocument class, and its associated classes, is based on the W3C Document Object Model. The XPathDocument class is based on the XPath data model.
- Reading XML with the XmlReader
Describes how the XmlReader class provides a non-cached, forward only, read-only access to XML data over an XML stream.
- Writing XML with the XmlWriter
Describes how the XmlWriter class provides a non-cached, forward only, way of generating XML streams and helps the user build XML documents.
- XSLT Transformations
Describes how to use the XSLT processor.
- XML Schema Object Model (SOM)
Describes the classes used for building and manipulating XML Schemas (XSD) by providing an XmlSchema class to load and edit a schema.
- XML Integration with Relational Data and ADO.NET
- Resolve External XML Resources Named by a URI
The XmlResolver is an abstract class that resolves external XML resources that have been named by a URI.
- Character Encoding of XML Names and Conversion of XML Data Types
Describes how the XmlConvert class encodes and decodes names in XML data.
- Namespaces in an XML Document
Describes how the XmlNamespaceManager class is created and used whenever namespaces are needed, while holding the prefix and the namespace it represents.
- Type Support in the System.Xml Classes
Describes the various type support features.