This documentation is archived and is not being maintained.
OLE Common Dialog Classes
Visual Studio .NET 2003
These classes handle common OLE tasks by implementing a number of standard OLE dialog boxes. They also provide a consistent user interface for OLE functionality.
- Used by the framework to contain common implementations for all OLE dialog boxes. All dialog box classes in the user-interface category are derived from this base class. COleDialog cannot be used directly.
- Displays the Insert Object dialog box, the standard user interface for inserting new OLE linked or embedded items.
- Displays the Paste Special dialog box, the standard user interface for implementing the Edit Paste Special command.
- Displays the Edit Links dialog box, the standard user interface for modifying information about linked items.
- Displays the Change Icon dialog box, the standard user interface for changing the icon associated with an OLE embedded or linked item.
- Displays the Convert dialog box, the standard user interface for converting OLE items from one type to another.
- Encapsulates the Windows common OLE Properties dialog box. Common OLE Properties dialog boxes provide an easy way to display and modify the properties of an OLE document item in a manner consistent with Windows standards.
- Displays the Update dialog box, the standard user interface for updating all links in a document. The dialog box contains a progress indicator to indicate how close the update procedure is to completion.
- Displays the Change Source dialog box, the standard user interface for changing the destination or source of a link.
- Displays the Server Busy and Server Not Responding dialog boxes, the standard user interface for handling calls to busy applications. Usually displayed automatically by the COleMessageFilter implementation.