SET ESCAPE Command
Determines whether pressing the ESC key interrupts program and command execution.
SET ESCAPE ON | OFF
- (Default) Allows command and program execution to be interrupted when the user presses ESC.
If the user presses ESC during the execution of a command or program while the insertion point is in the Command window, the following message appears:
*** INTERRUPTED ***
If the user presses ESC during command or program execution, processing completes at the current program line, and an alert appears with the following three options:
- (Default) Choose Cancel to immediately stop program execution and return to the Command window.
- Choose Suspend to pause program execution and return to the Command window. This option is useful for debugging a program. Choosing Resume from the Program menu or issuing RESUME in the Command window restarts the program at the line at which it was paused.
- Choose Ignore to continue program execution at the line at which it was paused.
- Prevents command and program execution from being interrupted when the user presses ESC.