This topic is specific to a legacy technology that is retained for backward compatibility with existing applications and is not recommended for new development. Distributed applications should now be developed using the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
These samples show how to establish communication between objects that run in different processes.
In This Section
- Custom Proxies Technology Sample
- Demonstrates how user code gains access to the messages that will be transported to and from any remote object.
- Remoting Generics Technology Sample
- Demonstrates the use of generics with remoting.
- Remoting Secure Channels Technology Sample
- Demonstrates secure channel capabilities.
- Remoting Cross AppDomains
- Shows how to use .NET Remoting to communicate between AppDomains.
- Remoting IpcChannel with Custom ACL Sample
- Shows how to set a custom ACL on the IpcChannel in .NET Remoting to limit access to the channel to specific users.
- Using Generics in Remoting Through Configuration
- Shows the specific syntax that must be followed in client and server configuration to use generics with .NET Remoting.
- Remoting Through Configuration
- Demonstrates how to implement late binding to any managed assembly with public classes and methods.
Build Date: 2011-02-07