Batch Build Dialog Box
Use this dialog box to build multiple project configurations all at one time. You can decide, for example, to build every project configuration of a project with one command. You can access this dialog box from the Build menu.
Check the Project Configurations to Build
Each entry includes the following fields:
- Displays names of projects in the current solution. Multiple entries for the same project can appear, once for each project configuration. All entries for all projects are listed in a single flat list.
- Displays the kind of project build specified by the selected solution configuration (Solution Config).
- Displays the name of the platform on which the project will run.
- Solution Config
- Displays the solution build configuration that will provide context as this kind of project configuration is built for the specified platform. For example, suppose project P1 depends upon resources from another project, P2. The solution configuration will specify that the project configuration of P1 for this platform be built, and that the project configuration of P2 that will provide the resources needed by P1 also be built.
- Specifies whether or not to include in the batch build the project configuration specified.
- Builds only those project items for the selected combinations of project configuration and platform that have changed since the last build.
- Does a complete build from scratch of all items for the selected project items for the selected combinations of project configuration and platform.
- Deletes all intermediary files and output directories for the selected combinations of project configuration and platform.