This documentation is archived and is not being maintained.
Formatting, C/C++, Text Editor, Options Dialog Box
Visual Studio .NET 2003
The C/C++ Options property page, in the C/C++ folder of the Text Editor folder of the Options (Tools menu) dialog box contains the following properties:
- Enable automatic Quick Info ToolTips
- Enables or disables the Quick Info IntelliSense feature.
- Enter outlining mode on file open
- When you bring a file into the text editor, you can enable the outlining feature. See Outlining and Hiding Code for more information. When this option is selected, the outlining feature is enabled when you open a file.
- Indent braces
- When you press enter after beginning a code block, such as a function or for loop, the curly braces can either be aligned with the first character of the code block or indented.