This documentation is archived and is not being maintained.
- data binding
- The association of a data source with a server control.
- A group of one or more cards. See also: card.
- declarative security check
- Declarative security information in metadata. Developers can use such declarations, which are usually written as custom attributes, to invoke several kinds of security functionality: require permissions to bind reference to the code, require permissions to derive a type, demand that callers have certain permissions, and so on. See also: imperative security check.
- default unit system
- The process that determines when a Web page control should appear on a new page, based on a mobile device's characteristics. The default unit system is based on one line equaling 100 units, as indicated by the DefaultWeight field in the ControlPager class.
- A reference type that is the managed version of a C++ function pointer. Delegates can reference both instance and static (in Visual Basic, Shared) methods, whereas function pointers can reference only static (in Visual Basic, Shared) methods. See also: reference type.
- delegated evaluator
- A filter that uses a custom method to evaluate the specified data.
- By denying a permission, a method can prevent its callers from exercising the privilege represented by that permission. If a method on the call stack denies permission A, a stack walk checking for permission A will fail unless a valid assertion is found on the stack between the method doing the denial and the method that initiated the check for permission A. See also: assertion.
- denial of service attack
- An attack that consumes excessive time, memory, or other resources intending to prevent rightful access to resources.
- device adapter
- An ASP.NET page framework class that adapts the behavior of mobile pages and controls based on the target device.
- device capabilities
- The set of device functionality available through the HasCapability method or the <Choice> element.
- device definition
- The characteristics of a device available through the MobileCapabilities class and the DeviceSpecific control.
- device filter
- A section of the Web.config file where you specify values for specific mobile devices. These values are used to create device-specific content.
- download cache
- See definition for assembly cache.