The Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator
Ever wanted to quickly and easily define your own keyboard layout for a language Microsoft doesn't support? Or define your own keyboard layout so you can quickly and easily enter your favorite symbols with a simple keystroke? Have the keyboard work on 64-bit platforms, or make use of custom locales in Windows 7 to provide new language names? Well, want no more: the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator is here!
The Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator (MSKLC) extends the international functionality of Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 systems by allowing users to:
- Create new keyboard layouts from scratch
- Base a new layout on an existing one
- Modify an existing keyboard layout and build a new layout from it
- Multilingual input locales within edit control fields
- Build keyboard layout DLLs for x86, x64, and IA64 platforms
- Package the resulting keyboard layouts for subsequent delivery and installation
Download: MSKLC.EXE (10.1 MB)
File Downloads and Installation Requirements
To install and use MSKLC 1.4, your system must meet the following requirements:
- Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, or Windows 7. (MSKLC 1.4 will not run on Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, or Windows NT 4.)
- Microsoft .NET Framework v2.0 must be installed. If you have not already installed this version of the .NET Framework, you can do so from the following URL: https://www.microsoft.com/net/download
- Note that MSKLC 1.4 is a 32-bit application. It will run on 64-bit systems, but in 32-bit mode.