Prerelease Software Downloads
Prerelease software enable us to provide early and frequent builds of our products under development. It enables us to collect your valuable, real-world feedback throughout the product development cycle, so that we can ship higher quality products. Sharing prerelease software with you help us innovate and deliver the products we know that you will continue to value and appreciate.
- Release Candidate (RC) software is a version of the product (usually the most recent) that is deemed complete and stable enough to become the released version, but is being made available for customer evaluation of shipping readiness.
- Beta software is an early build release that is not quite ready for use in production environments, but is of sufficient quality to enable evaluation for feedback about the software.
- Previews enable us to provide more frequent releases to solicit early feedback that will help shape the software in its earliest stages.
An early, prerelease version of the next major release of Visual Studio.
- Microsoft .NET Compiler Platform Preview
- Microsoft .NET JIT Compiler Preview
- Microsoft .NET Native Developer Preview
- Microsoft SIMD-enabled Vector Types Beta
The .NET Compiler Platform project (codename "Roslyn") includes the next versions of the C# and VB compilers, as well as a compiler-as-a-service API that powers rich IDE integration, and opens up the compiler to many different types of developer integrations. For more information, see .NET Compiler Platform Preview.
.NET Native is an ahead-of-time compiler for .NET that leverages our C++ compiler's optimizer to offer improvements to startup time, memory usage, and overall application performance. In this preview release, we enable developers to try out this new compilation technology for Windows Store application targeting x64 or ARM architectures. For more information, see .NET Native Developer Preview.
Visual Studio Online Application Insights is a new cloud-based service (currently in preview) that collects rich operational, performance, and customer usage information from server and client/device applications – whether they run on-premises, in Microsoft Azure, a third-party cloud provider, or a combination of all three. This Application Insights Tools for Visual Studio download makes it easy to create, configure, and test Application Insights telemetry collection for your applications, right from Visual Studio 2013. For more information, see Application Insights Preview Tools for Visual Studio 2013.
Note: This download requires Visual Studio 2013 Update 4.
Build, debug, profile, test, and deploy your Python apps using Python Tools for Visual Studio. This free, open-source extension adds all the functionality you need to develop and maintain your Python applications in Visual Studio, and deploy to Windows or Linux servers, or to Microsoft Azure. For more information, links and videos, see Python Tools for Visual Studio
Team Foundation Server 2015 CTP is a pre-release version of the next major release of Team Foundation Server for our on-premises customers. This CTP provides early adopters with an opportunity to try out the new and improved product features, and the ability to share feedback with the product team. This release is not intended for use on production computers, or to create production code. For more details on this release, see the release notes.