Increase revenue. On your terms.
- Sell your apps to the world in the Windows Phone Store—available in 191 markets.
- Global currency support and flexible revenue options give you more ways to help your apps succeed.
- Track where you’ve been. Plan where you’re going. You’ll always know how your app performs in your Windows Phone Store Dashboard: downloads, users, traffic loads, and more.
- Windows Phone operator billing partnerships mean developers see up to three times as much revenue where operator billing is available.
We make it easier. Kind of like developing with a cheat sheet.
- New to app development? No problem. Check out our online course Windows Phone 8 Development for Absolute Beginners.
- Already know C#, Visual Basic, XAML, or C++? Good news—you can use any of them for developing for Windows Phone.
- Need a little guidance? Check our official sample code in our MSDN Code Gallery.
- Time to get to work? Grab the Windows Phone SDK 8.0, which contains Visual Studio 2012 Express for Windows Phone, the Windows Phone 8.0 Emulator, and a complete set of Windows Phone application and game starter templates.
- Have a specific question? Connect with our community and get answers fast.
Shared core. Less effort.
- Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 share code—which means your apps do too. Save time and effort by developing apps that work cross-platform.
- Shared code and similar apps means that unified, seamless user experiences are easier to create.
- A shared core base means a stable OS running on next-generation hardware, so your apps can break boundaries—not devices or code.
Here are some resources to help you shape your app and in-app product submissions in the Windows Phone Dev Center.
This section contains information on creating games for Windows Phone 8.
Connect with other developers who can help you with code samples, resources, helpful tips, and answers to your questions.
See Sophie LaMontagne and Katherine Kallinis, owners of DC Cupcakes, stay connected with their growing business and family with their Windows Phone 8.