The following attributes are supported for server-side playlists. An attribute is a name/value pair that provides information about the element with which it is associated.
- Note The typographic conventions used to represent the syntax of each attribute are those used in the SMIL 2.0 documentation rather than those used in the other reference sections of this documentation. In particular:
- Optional items are identified by a question mark (?) at the end.
- Parentheses are used to group grammar elements of the attribute.
- Items that must be typed exactly as shown are in quotation marks.
- The vertical bar character (|) means a logical OR.
|begin||Specifies the time at which an element becomes active, relative to the start of its parent time container.|
|clipBegin||Specifies the time at which a stream begins playing, relative to the start of the stream.|
|clipEnd||Specifies the time at which a stream stops playing, relative to the start of the stream.|
|dur||Specifies the simple duration of a media element.|
|end||Specifies the time at which a media element stops playing, relative to the start of its parent time container.|
|endSync||Specifies the synchronization rule for child media elements within a parent time container.|
|syncEvent||Sends a playlist synchronization event from the shared playlist for a publishing point to all client wrapper playlists.|
|higher||Controls how media elements from a higher priorityClass element interrupt the media elements in the active priorityClass element.|
|id||Uniquely identifies an element. This value must begin with a letter.|
|lower||Controls how media elements from a lower priorityClass element interrupt the media elements in the active priorityClass element.|
|mediaName||Specifies a name for an entry in a playlist.|
|noRecede||Specifies whether a client can skip to the previous element in the playlist.|
|noSkip||Specifies whether a client can fast forward, rewind, seek, or skip next within the current media element.|
|peers||Controls how media elements within a priorityClass element interrupt one another.|
|repeatCount||Specifies the number of times that an element is repeated.|
|repeatDur||Specifies the total duration of a repeated element.|
|role||Specifies the type or purpose of a media element.|
|src||Specifies the URL for a media element.|