Guidelines for back buttons
A back button provides backward navigation in the form of a button.
- Use the back button in apps that use a hierarchical navigation pattern.
- When your app is at narrow widths, use a smaller back button size.
- Don't use the back button in apps that use a flat navigation pattern. In flat navigation apps, the user typically moves through pages either through direct links within the content or through the nav bar.
- For designers
- Navigation design basics
- For developers (XAML)
- Your first app - Part 3: Navigation, layout, and views
- Your first app - Add navigation and views in a C++ Windows Store app (tutorial 3 of 4)
- Navigating between pages (XAML)
- For developers (HTML)
- WinJS.UI.BackButton object
- Navigation and navigation history sample
- Your first app - Part 3: PageControl objects and navigation
- Navigating between pages (HTML)