Call this function to format a range of text in a rich edit control to fit within rectLayout for the device specified by pDC.
long PrintInsideRect( CDC* pDC, RECT& rectLayout, long nIndexStart, long nIndexStop, BOOL bOutput );
- Pointer to a device context for the output area.
- RECT or CRect which defines the output area.
- Zero-based index of the first character to be formatted.
- Zero-based index of the last character to be formatted.
- Indicates if the text should be rendered. If FALSE, the text is just measured.
The index of the last character that fits in the output area plus one.
Typically, this call is followed by a call to CRichEditCtrl::DisplayBand which generates the output.
See the example for CRichEditView::GetPaperSize.