Monitoring Windows Services
You can use the ServiceController component to interact with the Windows services on your local computer or on any computer to which you have access. The ServiceController component allows you to perform administrative tasks such as starting, stopping, and pausing services; to retrieve lists of available services; and to call custom commands on the service.
In This Section
- Introduction to Communicating with Existing Services
- Gives directions for using the ServiceController component to interact with an existing service.
- Creating ServiceController Component Instances
- Gives directions for creating and configuring ServiceController components.
- Performing Administrative Tasks on Services
- Gives directions for starting, stopping, and pausing your service through the methods available on the ServiceController component.
- Retrieving Lists of Services
- Gives directions for returning lists of services on a specific computer.