This documentation is archived and is not being maintained.
Visual Studio Samples
Visual Studio .NET 2003
Visual Studio includes many samples that demonstrate applications developers created for the .NET Framework. The code in each sample illustrates the syntax and structure of the underlying development language.
In the Visual Studio Documentation
- Duwamish 7.0
- Provides links to topics explaining the Duwamish 7.0 distributed application sample. Duwamish 7.0 is an enterprise application based on the .NET Framework that features ASP.NET, Visual Basic .NET, and Visual C#.
- Fitch and Mather 7.0
- Provides links to topics explaining the Fitch and Mather 7.0 distributed application sample. Fitch and Mather 7.0 is a multitier application built on the Microsoft .NET Framework featuring ASP.NET and Visual C#.
- Tailspin Toys Application
- Describes a Web application created with ATL Server and Visual C# that demonstrates a simple transacted ordering system internal to a company.
- Visual Basic Samples
- Provides links to samples that demonstrate Visual Basic in a variety of applications.
- Visual C# Samples
- Provides links to samples that demonstrate Visual C# in a variety of applications.
- Visual C++ Samples
- Provides links to samples that demonstrate Visual C++ in a variety of applications.
- Managed Extensions for C++ Samples
- Contains links to samples that demonstrate areas of managed extensions for C++ including Windows Forms, delegates, classes, Web Services, managed/unmanaged interoperability, and so on.
- Visual J# Samples
- Provides links to sample source code showing how to write applications for the .NET Framework using Visual J#.
- .NET Framework Samples
- Provides links to samples that instruct developers on the various aspects of the .NET Framework.
- XML and XSL Samples
- Lists samples from the XML SDK, which contains several applications that demonstrate the use of Extensible Markup Language (XML) and Extensible Stylesheet Language (XSL) code.
- ADO Sample Applications
- Describes samples from the MDAC SDK that demonstrate how to use ADO and RDS but are not intended for deployment on production servers.
- Crystal Reports Samples
- Provides links to samples that demonstrate how Crystal Reports functions within the Visual Studio IDE.
- Database Schema Samples
- Provides links to Microsoft SQL Server 2000 samples that demonstrate database schema construction.
- Smart Device Samples
- Lists samples that demonstrate key technologies for creating practical device applications.
- Visual Basic and Visual C# Walkthroughs
- Provides a list of all Visual Basic and Visual C# step-by-step topics that show how to create distributed Web applications, author components and controls, develop Windows Forms and Web Forms, and perform other procedures.
- Visual C++ Attributes Walkthroughs
- Provides a list of step-by-step topics that show how to use attributes for creating COM objects, ActiveX controls, and COM DLLs, for extending metadata, and for simplifying database operations and tasks.
- Visual J# Walkthroughs
- Provides links to step-by-step topics that show how to create distributed Web applications, author components and controls, work with Windows Forms and Web Forms, and perform data-related tasks.
- Visual Studio Walkthroughs
- Gives a list of step-by-step topics that introduce important areas of the Visual Studio product.
- Deployment Walkthroughs
- Lists a series of step-by-step topics that illustrate deployment of applications.
- MSDN Online Code Center (http://msdn.microsoft.com/code/)
- Acts as the one-stop center for all your source-code needs at Microsoft.