Required Hardware Components
The following list shows components that are required for almost all devices and should never be removed from a configuration.
- System timer
- Direct memory access controller
- System CMOS/real time clock
- System board
- Numeric data microprocessor
- Programmable interrupt controller
- Any microprocessor-specific components
- Microcode Update Device
Only remove them from a configuration if you are certain they are not required.
© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.