Identify Target Device Hardware
The first step in developing a Windows XP Embedded system is to identify the hardware you will use in your target system. You can run Target Analyzer (Tap.exe) from Windows XP, Windows 2000 with Service Pack 2, and Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE).
In This Section
- Hardware Detection with Target Analyzer
- Describes hardware requirements for Windows XP Embedded devices that use Tap.exe for hardware detection on devices with an operating system, and Target Analyzer command syntax.
- Development with Windows PE
- Describes how you can use Windows PE to bring up a device that has no operating system or hard drive, run Target Analyzer to create a device list, format and partition a hard drive with Diskpart, and connect to a network. After an image is installed on the device, you can also use Windows PE to fine-tune the files and registry.
- Development Process
- Describes the order and phases in the overall run-time image development process.
© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.