Service Control Programs
A service control program starts and controls services. It performs the following actions:
- Starts a service or driver service, if the start type is SERVICE_DEMAND_START.
- Sends control requests to a running service.
- Queries the current status of a running service.
These actions require an open handle to the service object. To obtain the handle, the service control program must:
- Use the OpenSCManager function to obtain a handle to the SCM database on a specified machine.
- Use the OpenService or CreateService function to obtain a handle to the service object.
For more information, see the following topics: