|Important||This document may not represent best practices for current development, links to downloads and other resources may no longer be valid. Current recommended version can be found here. ArchiveDisclaimer|
Tutorials and Sample Code
This section presents a large selection of tutorials that enable you to work with Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005. Each tutorial guides you in a step-by-step fashion through the complete creation of projects that provide solutions for a variety of reporting scenarios.
It is recommended that you work through several of the tutorials to help familiarize yourself with the best practices for working with Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005.
Each tutorial is accompanied by sample code projects that show the completed version of the project, written in both C# and Visual Basic. The majority of these projects are provided as both Web Sites and Windows projects, except for those specifically designed for Web-only or Windows-only usage.
Click the appropriate link to jump to that section:
- Sample Code
- CrystalReportViewer Object Model Tutorials
- ReportDocument Object Model Tutorials
- Reduced-Code Tutorials in Visual Studio 2005
- Data Connectivity Tutorials
- Other Tutorials
- Setting Up the Development Environment
- Offers detailed instructions on how to configure your environment to successfully develop Visual Studio projects with the Crystal Reports SDK.
- SDK Fundamentals
- Explains the fundamentals of the SDK including object models, embedded reports, cached reports, report binding scenarios, and scalability.
- Provides detailed information about creating deployment projects in Crystal Reports for Visual Studio.
- Class Library
- Provides detailed information about the Crystal Reports API.