This section explains how reporting tools add value to an application, and it provides a summary description of Crystal Reports. This overview also describes the features provided with Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005.
Click the appropriate link to jump to that section:
- Why Use a Reporting Tool?
- What is Crystal Reports?
- What is Crystal Reports for Visual Studio?
- Features of Crystal Reports for Visual Studio
- Crystal Reports Registration and Keycode
- Crystal Reports Update Service
- Upgrade Options
- Legacy Terminology
- Provides a high-level overview of the Crystal Reports architecture, identifies the major components, and describes how they communicate with each other.
- SDK Fundamentals
- Explains the fundamental concepts of the Crystal Reports SDK. This is an important starting point when you develop projects with the Crystal Reports SDK.
- Setting Up the Development Environment
- Offers detailed instructions on how to configure your environment to successfully develop Visual Studio 2005 projects with the Crystal Reports SDK.
- Tutorials and Sample Code
- Provides detailed instructions on how to use specific features of the object models in Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005.