Technical Articles (Standard 7 SP1)
The technical articles in this section explore various issues in device development, with emphasis on topics that are important to building, deploying, and servicing Standard 7 images.
- Assessing and Testing Servicing in Standard 7
Provides an overview of testing considerations for servicing a Standard 7 image.
- Assessing Risk in Enhanced Write Filter
Provides an overview of design and testing considerations when using Enhanced Write Filter (EWF) in your run-time image.
- Computer Time Management and Embedded Systems
Provides an overview of options and challenges for managing computer time on an embedded system.
- Debug Driver Setup Issues
Provides an overview of how to debug Standard 7 image driver setup issues using log files.
- Diagnose Image Builder Wizard Installation Problems
Provides information about how to diagnose Image Builder Wizard installation problems.
- Embedded Device Robustness Checklist
Provides a basic checklist for embedded device robustness.
- Improving Energy Efficiency of Embedded Devices
Provides an overview of power management options in PowerCfg.exe.
- Software Development and Test Guidelines for Standard 7
Provides information and resources for specific areas to consider when developing and testing Standard 7 images.
- Testing Custom Desktop Features
Provides an overview of testing considerations for custom desktop features.
- Working with File-Based Write Filter
Provides an overview of design and testing considerations when using File-Based Write Filter (FBWF) in your run-time image.
- Working with USB Boot
Provides information about advantages and risks associated with booting systems from USB flash devices (UFD).
- Welcome to Windows Embedded Standard 7
How to install Standard 7 Toolkit and build your first Standard 7 image.
- Building Images
How to create, customize, and localize a Standard 7 installation.
- Deploying Images
How to deploy your custom image by using the tools such as ImageX, Sysprep, Windows PE, Image Builder, or Windows Deployment Services (WDS).
- Maintaining Images
How to maintain online and offline Standard 7 images.
- Standard 7 Toolkit Technical Reference
Technical information about Standard 7 Toolkit embedded features, tools, and packages.