Developing a Server Appliance Based on Windows Server 2008
This section describes how to create a server appliance based on Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2008.
- Server Appliances and Windows Embedded Server
Defines server appliance and describes the role of Windows Embedded Server in server-appliance development.
- Checklist for Server Appliance Development
Shows the steps for planning and developing a server-appliance platform based on Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2008.
- Building a Server Appliance Based on Server Core
Explains how to evaluate if Server Core is appropriate for your server-appliance project, and describes how to build a server appliance based on Server Core.
- Creating a Remote Management Interface for a Server Appliance
Describes how to implement a remote-management solution as part of the development of a server-appliance platform.
- Locking Down the Configuration of a Server Appliance
Explains how to help minimize the security vulnerabilities of a server appliance, and describes how to help keep the configuration of the server appliance from changing.
- Implementing a Servicing Model for a Server Appliance
Describes how to develop the server-appliance platform to keep the operating system on the server appliance up-to-date.