|Important||This document may not represent best practices for current development, links to downloads and other resources may no longer be valid. Current recommended version can be found here. ArchiveDisclaimer|
C++ Attributes Reference
Attributes are designed to simplify COM programming and .NET Framework common language runtime development. When you include attributes in your source files, the compiler works with provider DLLs to insert code or modify the code in the generated object files.
In This Section
- Attributes by Group
- Provides links to attribute reference topics, grouped by function.
- Attributes by Usage
- Provides links to attribute reference topics, grouped by usage.
- Attributes Alphabetical Reference
- Provides links to all attribute reference topics.
- Attributed Programming
- Provides a conceptual overview of attributes.
- Provides links to topics describing the C and C++ language references, the libraries provided with Visual C++, the Visual C++ Extensibility Object Model, and the Microsoft Macro Assembler (MASM).
- Attributes Samples
- Provides links to attributed versions of the ATL samples that show how to use attributes to simplify COM programming.
- Visual C++ Samples
- Provides links to sample code showing the capabilities of Visual C++ and the libraries and technologies it supports.