The TreeView HTML Component (HTC) directly translates an Extensible Markup Language (XML) hierarchy into an expandable tree structure for use in selection.
It is important to note that the TreeView HTC makes a distinction between a tree item being selected and being active. Selection is visible to the user. The most recently clicked item is the active item, which may or may not cause the item to be selected as well. The active item can also be changed programmatically without changing the selected item. Programmatically setting an active node enables you to then use several methods without having to specify the node again (enableActive, expandActive, and so on).
This section contains:
- Events. Describes the events supported by the TreeView HTC.
- Methods. Describes the methods supported by the TreeView HTC.
- Container Attributes. Describes the attributes that the TreeView HTC expects to be set on the element in which it is contained.
- Configuration Data. Describes the data passed to the TreeView HTC via the ID used as the value of the DataXML container attribute.
- Instantiation Example. Demonstrates how the TreeView HTC is instantiated in script on an Active Server Pages (ASP) page.
The TreeView HTC does not expose any properties.
All rights reserved.