Microsoft® BizTalk Server 2004 provides the ability to coordinate application activity and transaction processing, dynamically route messages, validate and transform data, apply encryption and digital signatures, and transport messages over a variety of adapters. At the center of this technology lies the BizTalk group, with its shared resources and load balancing capabilities. The BizTalk Server Administration features enable you to efficiently and effectively manage and control all installations of BizTalk Server.
This guide provides conceptual and procedural and information that you can use to perform administrative tasks for BizTalk Server 2004. Some of the tasks that you can perform are:
- Add and manage BizTalk servers in a BizTalk group.
- Configure BizTalk group properties, such as the cache refresh interval, and the outbound signing certificate.
- Add and configure MessageBox databases.
- Create hosts and host instances to run in different servers.
- Configure and manage adapter handlers.
- Configure receive locations.
- Configure send ports and send port groups.
- Enlist orchestrations.
BizTalk Server also provides a Microsoft® Windows® Management Instrumentation (WMI) layer that encapsulates all administrative functions. The BizTalk Server Administration console works in conjunction with this WMI layer to provide the management capabilities for BizTalk Server. In addition, you can access this WMI layer programmatically by using the WMI SDK. For more information about programmatic administration, see WMI Class Reference.
For the latest operations information for BizTalk Server 2004, go to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=20616.
For troubleshooting information, see Troubleshooting.
This section contains:
- About BizTalk Server Administration
- Administration Tools
- Managing BizTalk Server Security
- Managing BizTalk Hosts and Host Instances
- Managing MessageBox Databases
- Managing the BizTalk Group
- Managing Orchestrations
- Connecting Applications Using Native Adapters
- Managing Receive Locations
- Managing Send Ports and Send Port Groups
- Health and Activity Tracking
- Backing Up Your Databases
- Managing Business Activity Services
- Managing Business Activity Monitoring
- Managing Human Workflow Services
All rights reserved.