Deleting a Host Instance in the BizTalk Administration Console
Administrators use the BizTalk Administration console or WMI to delete host instances.
For information about the user rights required to delete a host instance, see the "User rights required to manage host instances" section of Required User Rights for Managing BizTalk Hosts and Host Instances.
For information about using WMI to delete a host instance, see MSBTS_HostInstance (WMI).
When you delete a host instance, the instance of the BizTalk Server runtime is removed from the associated server and the Configuration database is updated to remove that instance from the host.
To avoid losing messages when you delete a host instance, BizTalk Server completes all processing before the instance is actually removed.
To delete a host instance
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft BizTalk Server 2004, and then click BizTalk Server Administration.
- In the Administration console, expand the Microsoft BizTalk Server 2004 (local) node, double-click Hosts, and then click the host.
- In the results pane, right-click the host instance you want to delete, and click Delete.
In the results pane, click the host instance you want to delete, and press DELETE.
- On the warning message, click Yes.
- If this is the last remaining host instance, you will receive an additional warning. After reading it, click Yes.
Note If BizTalk Server cannot delete the host instance, a dialog box appears in which you can force the deletion of the host instance. After reading the information provided, click Yes to delete the host instance.
See Alsohttp://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=20616.Copyright © 2004 Microsoft Corporation.
All rights reserved.