The following topics describe changes to declarations between Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Basic .NET.
In This Section
- Declaration Syntax Changes in Visual Basic
- Describes multiple variable declaration and return type declaration.
- String Length Declaration Changes in Visual Basic
- Discusses the specification of string length.
- Structure Declaration Changes in Visual Basic
- Discusses structures, also known as user-defined types (UDTs).
- Variable Scope Changes in Visual Basic
- Discusses the scope of variables inside a block.
- Programming Element Support Changes Summary
- Provides an alphabetical list of programming elements that have changed or are no longer supported in Visual Basic .NET, and includes their replacements.
- Language Changes in Visual Basic
- Provides an overview of new and changed features in Visual Basic .NET.