WEPOS System Management: Introduction
Windows Embedded for Point of Service (WEPOS) is part of the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems. Whether you are an IT pro, the manager of a large retail group or a single-store operation, or an OEM working with WEPOS, you can employ all the same methods and applications you would use with Windows XP Professional to keep your WEPOS system secure and up-to-date. These may include:
- Downloading updates and patches from www.microsoft.com
- Using Software Update Services (SUS)
- Adjusting Windows Firewall settings
- Using third-party applications, such as anti-virus and firewall programs
- Controlling access to machines with different levels of user accounts
This guide highlights just a few of the available services and websites that may be most useful in the retail environment.© 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.