Security Templates (Windows Embedded Standard 2009)
By using security templates, you can manage auditing policies, user rights, event logging, and other security-related activities. You can create a custom security template for your run-time image by using Windows XP Professional, setting the template defaults, and exporting the template to an .inf file.
You can manage the security policies on your run-time image in the Microsoft Management Console security snap-in.
- How to Create a Custom Security Template
Describes the end-to-end process for creating a custom security template for your run-time image.
- Creating a Custom Security Template Using the MMC Snap-in
Describes how to use Windows XP Professional to create a custom security template.
- Creating a Component for the Custom Security Template
Describes how to componentize a custom security template.
- Viewing Additional Security Policies in a Custom Security Template
Describes how to display additional security policies in a security template.
- Verifying Security Template Settings on a Run-Time Image
Describes how to verify the security settings on your run-time image.