Using XNA Game Studio Express
These features include:
- A new game component model.
- A new framework library for Windows and Xbox 360 game development.
- Integration with the XNA Framework Content Pipeline.
XNA Game Studio Express brings these features together to provide an easier and quicker path for developing games for Windows and the Xbox 360 console.
This section discusses what you will need to develop managed game titles using the features of the XNA Framework.
In This Section
- Developing Xbox 360 Games
- Xbox 360 game development is similar to Windows game development with several notable differences.
- Creating a Windows Game or Library Project
- XNA Game Studio Express includes a set of project templates that will help you to develop Windows-based projects using the XNA Framework.
- Application Properties Page
- Use this page to change application information for the current XNA Game Studio Express project.
- Game Asset Properties
- This topic describes property settings that indicate which actions the project system should perform on a game asset file of a supported type.
- Content Pipeline Page, Project Designer
- Use the Content Pipeline page of the Project Designer to specify the project's Content Pipeline assemblies. This page applies to XNA Framework projects only.
- Game Component Development
- You can use XNA Game Studio Express to develop custom game components for use in your game projects.
- Sharing and Distributing Your Game
- Presents information about how to share and distribute your game to XNA Game Studio Express users and others.