|Important||This document may not represent best practices for current development, links to downloads and other resources may no longer be valid. Current recommended version can be found here. ArchiveDisclaimer|
Constant Changes in Visual Basic .NET
In Visual Basic 6.0, numerous constants were defined in the Visual Basic language. In Visual Basic .NET, most of the constants are replaced by enumerations in the .NET Framework.
The following links will take you to topics that show the mappings between Visual Basic 6.0 constants and their Visual Basic .NET equivalents.
Note If a constant is not listed, there is no equivalent. For example, DDE constants are not listed because DDE is not supported in Visual Basic .NET.
In This Section
- Constants and Enumerations
- Introduces Visual Basic .NET enumerations.
- Control Changes in Visual Basic .NET
- Provides links to topics describing the differences between Visual Basic 6.0 and Windows Forms controls and objects.
- Language Changes in Visual Basic
- Describes changes to the Visual Basic language.