Using Visual FoxPro
Visual FoxPro provides the tools you require to create and to manage high-performance, database applications and components. With its robust tools and data-centric object-oriented language, you can build modern, scalable, multi-tier applications that integrate client/server computing and the Internet.
In This Section
- Starting Visual FoxPro
- Find information about launching and getting started using this version of Visual FoxPro.
- Overview of Visual FoxPro Features
- Visual FoxPro gives you more of everything you have come to expect in a database management system (DBMS) — speed, power, and flexibility.
- Customizing the Visual FoxPro Environment
- After you install Visual FoxPro, you can customize your development environment. Environment settings include the main window title, default directory, project, editor, debugger and form tool options, temporary file storage, field mappings for drag-and-drop operations, and many other options.
- Programming in Visual FoxPro
- Visual FoxPro is a powerful interactive data management tool, but you also can access the full power of Visual FoxPro by creating applications. Understanding object-oriented programming techniques and the event-driven model can maximize your programming productivity.
- Developing Visual FoxPro Applications
- This section includes conceptual information about how to develop Visual FoxPro applications, instructions for creating databases and the user interface, and other tasks needed to create Visual FoxPro applications.
- Extending Applications
- To extend a basic Visual FoxPro application, you can enable it to work for multiple users, take advantage of Microsoft ActiveX controls and automation-enabled applications, and add international capabilities.
- Creating Client/Server Solutions
- Client/server applications combine the functionality of Visual FoxPro on your local computer with the storage and security benefits provided by a remote server.
- Creating Enterprise Solutions
- By taking advantage of features in Visual FoxPro, you can extend your development efforts to create complex, multifaceted applications.
- Getting Started with Visual FoxPro
- Visual FoxPro is the object-oriented database management system that makes it possible for you to create state-of-the-art enterprise database solutions.
- The Visual FoxPro reference includes topics on productivity tools, as well as the controls, objects, properties, methods, events, statements, functions, and constants available.
- Visual FoxPro comes with numerous code samples that you can use for experimenting and becoming acquainted with features.
- Utility Programs
- These tools are provided with Visual FoxPro to help speed the process of application development.