Booting from USB Devices
Windows XP Embedded Service Pack 2 Feature Pack 2007 supports booting from USB flash devices. Given the wide availability of external USB ports on PC boards and the rapidly falling cost of USB devices, USB boot media are a cost-effective alternative to compact flash.
In This Section
- Requirements for USB Boot
- Specifies the BIOS requirements, and USB media formatting and performance requirements, for booting from USB devices.
- USB Boot Limitations
- Discusses limitations and cautions related to USB boot.
- Booting XPe from USB
- Provides the procedure for building a USB bootable image.
- Troubleshooting USB Boot
- Provides suggestions for troubleshooting USB boot.
© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.