Component Database Manager Guide
Microsoft® Windows XP Embedded Component Database Manager is used to select and manage the component database and repositories. The component database contains the components that make up the Windows XP Embedded operating system (OS) as well as any custom components that have been added. Repositories are collections of files that are available for copying to a run-time image during the build process.
The component database can reside on the development computer or on a server. Repositories can reside on the same computer as the database or on a different computer. Windows XP Embedded Component Designer and Windows XP Embedded Target Designer both access the component database and the repositories.
In This Section
- Component Database Manager Modes
- Describes Windows XP Embedded Component Database Manager Read import mode, Exclusive mode, and which mode to use.
- Database Management
- Describes how to specify the database you want to use for Windows XP Embedded Component Designer and Windows XP Embedded Target Designer, and how to import component definition (.sld) files into the component database.
- Platform Management
- Describes platforms and explains how to view or delete them in Windows XP Embedded Component Database Manager.
- Package Management
- Describes packages and how to view or delete them in Windows XP Embedded Component Database Manager.
- Component Management
- Describes components and how to view or delete them in Windows XP Embedded Component Database Manager.
- Repository Management
- Describes repositories, how to change the location of the physical repository, and how to manage repository roots in Windows XP Embedded Component Database Manager.
- Group Management
- Describes dependency groups and repository sets, how to view them, and how to delete them in Windows XP Embedded Component Database Manager.
- Windows Embedded Studio
- Describes the Windows XP Embedded development tools and how they work together in the development process.
See the Components topic in Windows XP Embedded Help for a description of components and how they are created, used, and managed.
See the Repositories topic topic in Windows XP Embedded Help for a description of the archives that are used as a source of binary files during the construction of a run-time image.
© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.