Windows Movie Maker
The Windows Movie Maker component makes it possible for users to capture audio and video from a digital video (DV) camera, an analog video camera or VCR, or a Web camera, to a computer in Microsoft® Windows Media® Format. This component contains an upgrade of Windows Movie Maker from version 1.1 to version 2.1.
To capture video or audio in Windows Movie Maker, users must have an analog capture device and an IEEE 1394 DV port or USB port on their computer, as well as an audio card.
In addition to capturing audio and video, this component also supports the following functionality:
- Importing existing digital media files into Windows Movie Maker.
- Performing basic editing tasks to create movies.
- Previewing current or completed projects directly in Windows Movie Maker.
- Saving movies in Windows Media Format.
- Sharing movies by attaching them to an e-mail message, posting them to a Web site hosted by a non-Microsoft video-hosting provider, or saving them to a recordable CD or DV tape.
There are no services associated with this component.
No other components interact with this component.
There are no configurable settings for this component.
© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.