Getting Started with Visual Basic
This section of the documentation helps you get started with Visual Basic application development.
In This Section
- Visual Basic Breaking Changes in Visual Studio 2013
Lists changes in this release that might prevent an application from compiling or change its run-time behavior.
- Additional Resources for Visual Basic Programmers
Provides a list of Web sites and newsgroups that can help you find answers to common problems.
- Learn Visual Basic
Provides links to resources for learning how to program in Visual Basic.
- Object-Oriented Programming (C# and Visual Basic)
Provides links to pages that introduce object-oriented programming and describe how to create your own objects and how to use objects to simplify your coding.
- Visual Basic Sample Applications
Provides links to sample code in Visual Basic.
- Visual Basic Language Walkthroughs
Provides a list of Help pages that demonstrate aspects of the Visual Basic language.
- Talk to Us
Covers how to receive support and give feedback.
- Visual Studio
Provides links into the Visual Studio documentation.
- Visual C#
Provides links into the documentation on application development with Visual C#.
- Visual C++ in Visual Studio 2015
Provides links into the Visual C++ documentation.
- Office and SharePoint Development in Visual Studio
Provides information about using Microsoft Office and Visual Studio as part of a business application.