The document is archived and information here might be outdated
Visual C++ Libraries
The Visual C++ libraries are documented in the following references.
In This Section
- Active Template Library (ATL) Reference
- Provides reference material for the ATL Library, a set of template-based C++ classes that simplify the programming of COM objects.
- ATL Server Reference
- Provides reference material for the ATL Server Library, a set of native C++ classes that allows you to create Web applications, XML Web services, and other server applications.
- Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC) Reference
- Provides reference material for the MFC Library, a set of classes that constitute an application framework, which is the framework of an application written for the Windows API.
- Shared Classes
- Provides reference material for classes shared between ATL and MFC.
- OLE DB Templates
- Provides reference material for the OLE DB consumer and provider templates, a set of template classes that implement many commonly used OLE DB interfaces.
- Run-Time Library Reference
- Provides reference material for the C Run-Time Library, a set of routines that automate many common programming tasks that are not provided by the C and C++ languages.
- Standard C++ Library Reference
- Provides reference material for the Standard C++ Library implementation, a set of header files that provide functions to perform essential services such as input and output and provide efficient implementations of frequently used operations.
- Visual C++ Samples
- Provides links to sample code showing the capabilities of Visual C++ and the libraries and technologies it supports.
- Provides links to using the Visual Studio debugger to correct logic errors in your application or stored procedures.
- Porting and Upgrading
- Provides links to topics describing how to create your projects for portability to other languages and platforms and how to upgrade your projects to conform to the current release of Visual C++.
- Creating and Managing Visual C++ Projects
- Provides links to topics describing how to use application and code wizards to create your own projects and how to employ property pages to manage your projects.
- Building a C/C++ Program
- Provides links to topics describing building your program from the command line or from the integrated development environment of Visual Studio.
- Adding a User Interface
- Provides links to topics describing adding a user interface to your program.
- Adding Functionality
- Provides links to topics describing conceptual information about the Visual C++ libraries and topics discussing various coding technologies and techniques.
- Managed Extensions for C++ Programming
- Provides links to topics describing the extension of the C++ language that provides support for managed programming.
- Visual C++
- Provides links to different areas of the Visual Studio and Visual C++ documentation set.