Upgrading from Visual Basic 6.0
Visual Basic .NET represents a departure from previous versions of Visual Basic in several ways. With a new development environment, an updated programming language, and a new forms package, moving from Visual Basic 6.0 to Visual Basic .NET may at first appear to be a daunting task.
In reality, much of what made Visual Basic distinctive has been retained and improved to make development easier than ever before. Although there are many changes, enhancements to the development environment and Help system ease the task of upgrading your code to conform with Visual Basic .NET and the .NET Platform. Extensive documentation is provided to help you make the transition, mapping your knowledge of Visual Basic 6.0 to Visual Basic .NET equivalents.
As you move forward to Visual Basic .NET, you will likely want to move some of your Visual Basic 6.0 projects forward, as well. Although there are differences between the two versions, tools are provided to ensure that your projects will be upgraded successfully.
The following documentation will help you to upgrade your applications and quickly get up to speed on the changes to Visual Basic.
In This Section
- Introduction to Visual Basic .NET for Visual Basic Veterans
- Describes differences between Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Basic .NET.
- Upgrading Applications Created in Previous Versions of Visual Basic
- Describes upgrading your applications to Visual Basic .NET.
- Working with Both Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Basic .NET
- Describes compatibility between the two versions of Visual Basic.
- Walkthrough: Upgrading a Visual Basic 6.0 Application to Visual Basic .NET
- Compares a Visual Basic 6.0 sample application and a Visual Basic .NET equivalent.
Möchten Sie an der Umfrage teilnehmen?