This documentation is archived and is not being maintained.
.NET Framework 1.1
The .NET Framework System.Net classes provide built-in support for popular Internet application authentication mechanisms and for .NET Framework code access permissions.
In This Section
- Using Secure Sockets Layer
- Describes how to use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connections to HTTP servers.
- Internet Authentication
- Describes how to use HTTP authentication methods to establish authenticated connections to HTTP servers.
- Web and Socket Permissions
- Describes how to set code access security for applications that use Internet connections.