Design Guidelines for Play To Receivers
This paper provides design recommendations for networked media receivers that interoperate with the Play To functionality available in Windows 8.
It provides design and implementation guidelines that will be useful to device manufacturers, hardware vendors, and device middleware providers. This paper assumes that the reader has some familiarity with home network technologies, including terminology defined by the UPnP Forum and the Digital Living Network Alliance.
File name: design-guidelines-for-play-to-receivers.docx
Microsoft Word file
- DLNA Digital Media Renderers
- The Windows Hardware Certification Program
- Modern Network Media Receivers
- The DMR as an Autonomous Headless Function
- Connectivity Options for a Network Media Receiver
- DMR Functionality
- Playing Image Content
- Playing A/V Content
- Playing Audio Content
- Playing Content as a DMP