Windows Automation API Overview
This section provides a high-level overview of Microsoft Windows Automation API 3.0, which includes the legacy Microsoft Active Accessibility, and the Windows implementation of the Microsoft UI Automation specification. The overview highlights the similarities and differences between Microsoft Active Accessibility and UI Automation, describes the components and features that enable the two technologies to work together, and provides guidelines for choosing which technology to implement.
This section includes the following topics:
- Microsoft Active Accessibility and UI Automation Compared
- Architecture and Interoperability
- UI Automation Specification
- 32-bit and 64-bit Interoperability
- Accessibility Best Practices